Course Type: In-Person
Course Length: 8 Hours
Course Type: In-Person
1220 Route 31 North
Lebanon, NJ 08833
• Pennsylvania Certified Municipal Police Officer
• Law Enforcement & Civilian Firearms Instructor
• PA- Retired Law Enforcement HR-218 Firearm Instructor
• Defensive Blade Instructor
• Low Light Tactics Instructor
• Firearms Simulator Operator
• OC Spray- Baton- CEW Instructor
• 1st Degree Black Belt
• Weapon retention, disarming, and recovery Instructor
• CPR/First Aid
The taser is a highly effective and widely available tool for immobilizing attackers from a safe distance. However, in order to ensure that the proper and justified use of a TASER for self-defense is effective, very specific safety and use training must occur. A Taser Certification is required in some states for those carrying a taser, including security guards, law enforcement, first responders, and other security professionals.
You will learn:
- Overview of the Taser electronic control devices
- Use of force continuum
- Legal and policy issues
- Medical information and risk alleviation
Our Taser Certification course is designed for security guards and others who may need to protect themselves or others, without excessive or lethal force.
If you are a security guard, a law enforcement officer, a first responder, a public safety officer, or another security professional, taser training is important to ensure that you know when and how to effectively use a taser. Should the need for a taser ever arise, your taser training will allow you to use the tool safely and skillfully.
The Taser Certification training provides you with knowledge in all areas of taser use, including how the tool works when to use it, and legal requirements and medical ramifications of taser use.
How Long Does Taser Certification Last?
Certification must be renewed every 24 months.
Not all states require a Taser Certification, but some do require training. Additionally, your employer may require an initial Taser Certification course before you carry a taser, and at various time intervals. The training is beneficial to anyone carrying a taser.
Due to our commitment to instructors, materials, and other students, the following refund policy applies:
- A 100% refund or credit of your registration fee will be issued if an event is canceled by the Academy
- A 100% refund or credit will be issued if you cancel your registration more than 72 hours prior to the event start time. You may contact the Academy to cancel your registration
- A 50% refund will be issued if you cancel your registration within 24-72 hours before the event start time.
- No refunds will be issued within 24 hours prior to the start of an event or after an event has started, regardless of attendance.