Course Type: In-Person
Course Length: 8 Hours
Security Situational Awareness
Course Type: In-Person
Annandale Square — Stratford Building
67 Beaver Avenue
Annandale, New Jersey 08801
- 13 Years, Law Enforcement
- John Jay College For Criminal Justice
- ALICE Certified Instructor
- OC Certified Instructor
- NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
- Sig Sauer Academy EP Graduate
- PA ACT235 Lethal Weapons Certified
- Wicklander Interview and Interrogation Certified
- ATF Federal-Firearm License
- NYPD Detective (retired)
- 30 + years of security experience
- 9 years Executive and Dignitary Protection Mayor Giuliani Detail
- 11 years providing Executive Protection and security for NY Mets ownership family
- 4 years assistant director of security for the NY Yankees
- Federal Armed Security Officer(ASO) credentials
- Situational Awareness/Active Shooter Instructor
- CPR/First Aid
More than likely we all feel comfortable walking through life and going about our business without considering our immediate surroundings or peripheral whereabouts. The lack of critical observation of your environment can have dire consequences. Situational awareness requires constant vigilance of your circumstances in order to identify issues and eventually predict problems before they arise. While it can initially feel exhausting to sustain an attentive mindset, it will eventually become a habit that requires no effort to maintain. Think of the next time you go out to dinner with your family, or go on vacation, or go shopping at the mall — without some level of situational awareness acuity a situation could arise and now you would be forced to react — but then it’s too late.
Situational awareness focuses on context. In order to become situationally aware, you need to observe the local environment, setting, and demeanor to identify baseline characteristics and spot potential problems.
In this course, the student will be introduced to practical theory and concepts associated with systematic observation and situational awareness. The student will learn how to systematically observe an environment and identify people and things that may not look right. With this awareness, more informed decisions and actions can be taken to keep yourself and those around you safe and secure.
This course is 8 hours of classroom and practical case studies along with role-play scenarios. The student will be provided tools and techniques to improve their situational awareness and to improve their chances of surviving a deadly confrontation.
- July 6, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- July 20, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- July 29, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Due to our commitment to instructors, materials, and other students, the following refund policy applies:
- A 100% refund or credit of your registration fee will be issued if an event is canceled by the Academy
- A 100% refund or credit will be issued if you cancel your registration more than 72 hours prior to the event start time. You may contact the Academy to cancel your registration
- A 50% refund will be issued if you cancel your registration within 24-72 hours before the event start time.
- No refunds will be issued within 24 hours prior to the start of an event or after an event has started, regardless of attendance.