Course Type: In-Person
Course Length: 6 Hours
Refuse to be a Victim — Self Defense Course
Course Type: In-Person
1220 Route 31 North
Lebanon, NJ 08833
- 13 Years, Law Enforcement
- John Jay College For Criminal Justice
- ALICE Certified Instructor
- OC Certified Instructor
- NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
- Sig Sauer Academy EP Graduate
- PA ACT235 Lethal Weapons Certified
- Wicklander Interview and Interrogation Certified
- ATF Federal-Firearm License
- NJSP Patrol Sergeant.
- NJ Division of Criminal Justice Investigator.
- B.A. Business Administration degree.
- 2nd Degree Blackbelt.
- Defensive Tactics Instructor.
- Force on force instructor
- CPR, basic life support, and combat first aid trained.
- Glock Armorer
- Pistol and rifle instructor
Do you know how to protect yourself or a loved one if you’re walking down the street, and someone wants to attack you? While it is a scenario we can think about, sadly, all of us have either experienced or know someone who has been in, a public assault or a street attack. Whether it is a mugging, sexual predator, or just an outright bad person who has you in their targets, what is your mode of self-defense against an attacker? Street attacks come in a variety of ways however, some are more common than others. This course will focus on the more common attacks, how to recognize and potentially prevent an attack before it happens, and how to defend yourself properly once attacked.
You will learn:
- General situational awareness
- Posture and confidence
- Distance and personal space
- Recognizing the warning signs
- What to expect when you are attacked
- Vulnerable striking areas
- Hands-on practical exercises
- Distance maintenance
- What to do when pushed to the ground
- Wrist grabs
- Bear hugs
- Neck grabs
- Choke from behind
- Mount defense on the ground
Offer practical self-defense techniques and strategies to recognize, prevent, and defend against common street attacks.
Due to our commitment to instructors, materials, and other students, the following refund policy applies:
- A 100% refund or credit of your registration fee will be issued if an event is canceled by the Academy
- A 100% refund or credit will be issued if you cancel your registration more than 72 hours prior to the event start time. You may contact the Academy to cancel your registration
- A 50% refund will be issued if you cancel your registration within 24-72 hours before the event start time.
- No refunds will be issued within 24 hours prior to the start of an event or after an event has started, regardless of attendance.