Course Type: In-Person
Course Length: 8 Hours
Patrol Vehicle Ambush Survival Skills for Law Enforcement & First Responders
Course Type: In-Person
1234 Long Pond Rd
Long Pond, PA 18334
Robert “Bob” Aromando
Chief Operating Officer of the global protective services firm, The K Street Group, LLC. Bob’s background includes 13 years of law enforcement service before transitioning into private sector corporate security and risk management in the health sciences area.
Joseph “Joe” Autera
President & CEO of Vehicle Dynamics Institute, the world’s leading provider of highly specialized, advanced driver training to military, law enforcement, and private sector security professionals.
Joseph “Jay” Aretino
Chief Instructor for Vehicle Dynamics Institute, more commonly known as VDI. A retired NCO in the U.S. Army with 21 years of active and reserve service, Jay also has more than 20 years of active law enforcement experience, having served in a variety of specialized assignments including Fugitive Warrant, K-9, and SWAT.
As law enforcement, public safety, and emergency response agencies retire their existing fleets and transition to newer vehicles equipped with Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, such as Collision Avoidance, Automatic Emergency Braking, and similar technology, it is imperative that Police Officers, Deputies, Agents, and other first responder personnel understand the limitations these systems may create when confronted by an immediate threat of violence.
With protests demanding a national reckoning on racial injustice continuing around the country, the number of incidents in which demonstrators aggressively target law enforcement and response personnel while they are in their vehicles is continuing to increase. While technology that is designed to reduce the safety risks that the average driver faces, it may actually lead to increased risks to professionals in law enforcement, fire response, emergency medical service, and other public safety roles.
This innovative, intensive, and interactive one (1) day, eight (8) hour course consists of a series of highly informative discussion blocks and hands-on practical exercises.
Focal Points of the Course
- Overview of Advanced Driver Assistance and Digital Control Systems
- Recognizing and Compensating for System Activations and Engagements
- The Increased Criticality of Situational Awareness
- Influencing and De-Escalating Volatile Encounters
- Controlling the Scene and the Situation
- Vehicle Dynamics and Ambush Survival Choreography
- Case Studies and Lessons Learned
Due to our commitment to instructors, materials, and other students, the following refund policy applies:
- A 100% refund or credit of your registration fee will be issued if an event is canceled by the Academy
- A 100% refund or credit will be issued if you cancel your registration more than 72 hours prior to the event start time. You may contact the Academy to cancel your registration
- A 50% refund will be issued if you cancel your registration within 24-72 hours before the event start time.
- No refunds will be issued within 24 hours prior to the start of an event or after an event has started, regardless of attendance.