The Armed Security Officer’s change to the Security Officers Registration Act (SORA) also known as the Detective Melvin Santiago’s Law was signed into legislation by Governor Chris Christie on January 19, 2016. The law mandated that a security officer that is properly licensed to carry a firearm in the State of New Jersey and works as a security guard either with a private security firm or as an in-house security officer must be licensed through SORA with a SORA LEVEL-2 Armed Designation.
With the new law, armed security officers will need to get fingerprinted again initially, renew annually and attend an 8-hour block of instruction by a licensed SORA instructor each year.
Who Should Attend:
- Security Officers working in the capacity of an Armed Security Professional
Due to our commitment to instructors, materials, and other students, the following refund policy applies:
- A 100% refund or credit of your registration fee will be issued if an event is canceled by the Academy
- A 100% refund or credit will be issued if you cancel your registration more than 72 hours prior to the event start time. You may contact the Academy to cancel your registration
- A 50% refund will be issued if you cancel your registration within 24-72 hours before the event start time.
- No refunds will be issued within 24 hours prior to the start of an event or after an event has started, regardless of attendance.