Course Type: In-Person
Course Length: 8 Hours
Aggressive Behavior Management in a Healthcare Setting
Course Type: In-Person
Annandale Square — Stratford Building
67 Beaver Avenue
Annandale, New Jersey 08801
• 13 Years, Law Enforcement
• John Jay College For Criminal Justice
• ALICE Certified Instructor
• OC Certified Instructor
• NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
• Sig Sauer Academy EP Graduate
• PA ACT235 Lethal Weapons Certified
• Wicklander Interview and Interrogation Certified
• ATF Federal-Firearm License
We provide training and certification (MOAB) to help healthcare professionals manage aggressive behavior in the workplace.
Management of aggressive behavior can be complicated and anxiety-inducing, but our course offers techniques to help you calmly and effectively de-escalate threatening situations and keep yourself and others safe. This training course will incorporate classroom knowledge sharing along with the physical aspects of resolving a confrontational situation.
In hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare settings, possible sources of violence include patients, visitors, intruders, and even coworkers. Examples include verbal threats or physical attacks by patients, a distraught family member who may be abusive or even become an active shooter, gang violence in the emergency department, a domestic dispute that spills over into the workplace, or coworker bullying.
This course is primarily for healthcare workers in a hospital setting dealing with aggressive patients or family members. Students receive a certificate upon completion of the course.
You will learn:
- Appropriate, necessary, and reasonable use of force situations
- Manage aggressive behavior through de-escalation
- Identify stages of conflict
- When an assault is imminent
- Security situational awareness
- Resolution options
How Long is A MOAB Certification Good For?
A MOAB certification lasts for 24 months.
Due to our commitment to instructors, materials, and other students, the following refund policy applies:
- A 100% refund or credit of your registration fee will be issued if an event is canceled by the Academy
- A 100% refund or credit will be issued if you cancel your registration more than 72 hours prior to the event start time. You may contact the Academy to cancel your registration
- A 50% refund will be issued if you cancel your registration within 24-72 hours before the event start time.
- No refunds will be issued within 24 hours prior to the start of an event or after an event has started, regardless of attendance.